- The editor has been changed to create PDF files that almost exactly reflect what you design in the editor. There are no longer any issues with alignment of multiple lines of text with other elements (such as checkboxes).
- Creation of PDF files and form records is faster as a result of the changes to the editor and publication code.
- The barcode rendering library has been changed from barbecue to barcode4j which renders more accurate barcodes.
- The layout of the editor toolbar has been moved from the top of the page to the right of the page.
- The tabbed panel at the top of the window has been improved for Windows & Linux.
- Linux now uses native look and feel and is compatible with both sun java 6 and openjdk 6.
- When adding a text area to a page, it will not be filled by default.
- Changed the duplicate fieldname error message for adding segments to a warning, but will still allow you to add duplicates. This can be used for particular form design issues.
- Form ID publications can be extended with the new "extend" functionality in the captured data -> publication area. Just add more records to a source data table, then go to captured data -> publications and click extend to add those new records and publish new forms on the same publication.
- The backup button in FormReturn Server is now one of the easiest ways to backup your database. It will zip the database as well as the database password so you can restore it more easily.
- Image file names can now be included in the captured data export. This means that you can name each image, and it will be tagged to the exported record.
- Fixed the folder monitor recursion bug.
- Fixed the out of memory error for the form processor, double the memory has been allocated.
- When you are zoomed in on the editor, and you select an element, sometimes it didn't deselect the current element or selected an element you didn't click on. This has been fixed.
- Several bugs in undo/redo have been fixed. There should be few problems remaining in this area.
- Fixed the 1.2.4 bug where a published template form appears in a key field reconciles publication. This can be a problem if the form is ever deleted by mistake.
- Fixed copy/paste of images to different forms/segments.
- Fixed the delete segment area bug whereby removing a segment area would cause the fieldnames to be stored in a cache, and when you add the new fields it would give you a message saying that the fields already exist.